Saturday, March 03, 2007

Guide for First Time Homebuyers Part 1

Purchasing your first home can be a rewarding and challenging experience. Real estate agents, mortgages, title insurance, closing all aspects of the buying process. In this five part series we will attempt to provide information that will assist you in purchasing your first home.

Part One:
Buying instead of Renting
Buying a home is considered a wise investment because, typically homes appreciate in value over the long term. Owning a home entitles you to tax breaks that aren't available if you are renting. Mortgage interest is almost always tax deductible.

Here are some good questions we will explore.
What is a mortgage?

What does a mortgage payment include?

How do I qualify for a mortgage?

How much home can I afford?

What size loan can I be approved for?

What about my credit history?

What will I need for a down payment?

Closing costs?

What types of mortgages are available?

Do I have financing options?

What type of loan is good for me?

What should I consider when shopping for a loan?

What about pre-approval?

Who approves my application?

After I apply then what?

Questions or comments write or email:
eugene.dougherty@realliving.com
www.realtyone.com/eugene.dougherty
YOUR Personal Guide to Real Estate

No comments: