Saturday, March 31, 2007

How Well Do You Know Your Car?

How well do you know your car? Here is some interesting information.

Premium gasoline is better for my car- in cars that don't require premium gasoline it won't increase the cars power or fuel economy only cost you more money.

Turning your headlights on during cold weather will help start the car- this will only discharge your battery. Have your cars battery tested yearly.

Permanent anti-freeze lasts forever- anti-freeze should be changed every two or three years.

Letting air out of tires in winter will give better traction- less air in tires will close the tread, make the tire less efficient and promote skidding.

Candle wax or soap will quiet a squeaking fan belt- the squeaking may stop, however the belt will slip and could cause other problems including a dead battery.

My car is under warranty, I am required to bring it to the dealer for service- to maintain your cars warranty you are required to service your car in accordance with the owners manual. This could mean a trip to a repair shop or performing the work yourself.

If I purchase a new or used car I have three days to return it to the dealer- there is no three day rule, once you purchase the car you own it.

Starting my car every few days will make the car last longer if I am not driving every day- letting the car idle will cause more damage than just letting it sit. Drive the car 30 minutes every three weeks.

I don't wear my safety belt- you should wear your safety belt, its documented that seat belts save lives.

I must change the oil in my car every 3,000 miles- check your cars owners manual, but today's car can go longer than 3,000 miles between oil changes.

How did you do?

Source AAA

Feels Like Home

Questions or comments post or email:
eugene.dougherty@realliving.com
www.realtyone.com/eugene.dougherty
YOUR Personal Guide to Real Estate

No comments: